How To Organize A Research Paper Bibliography In The Chicago Format
The research paper has too many qualified attributes; one of the prominent ones being formatting. While APA and MLA formats are the most popular; quite a few institutions and instructors demand Chicago formatting for the papers.
Level of difference
Now, this style of formatting is starkly different from the two mentioned formats. Thus, your paper naturally wears a different and an authentic look. The evidences come sharply in the Bibliography pages where all the references are made.
Here is how you organize the Bibliography page –
- The authors are named in direct order (first name followed by middle initials and final name). You follow it with the name of the book and the year of publication.
- If there are more than two authors, you just have to mention the first author and suffix it with ‘and et al’.
- If you are sourcing from an extract in the book; you should mention the author’s name, then the book’s name and then the page number.
- If you have derived from introductions, you should name the original author, book and then the introducer, followed by the roman numerals in which the preface pages are generally indexed.
- In case you have derived from online interventions, you should go with the formalities and then finish it with the online access mention.
- If you have picked from different pages of a print journal, you should mention the page range after the formalities. You should also mention the year of publication in the journal, not where it was originally published.
- The same goes for newspaper derivations. You will post the author, the article and then newspaper, date of publication and the page of the edition.
- In case you have resorted to a book review, you should first mention the original book prefixed by the author and then the author of the review followed by the newspaper or journal and the date of publication.
It is clear that you will have to organize the research paper in a systematic way. Any erroneous advancement in the Bibliography page will betray your position and your paper might be considered plagiarized. You may take a quick tourney through the official Chicago format site.
You should also take care to follow the latest edition of styling. Emulating from previous samples may put you in a soup as the dynamics could have grossly changed since then. They say that it takes intelligence even to take inspiration.