WHY COME TO US?
Here are examples of the sort of questions people have asked us:
- Do you wonder whether you really need new market research? Before you spend the money, we can help you identify your needs exactly. Perhaps a re-analysis of data you already have will tell you some of what you need to know.
- Are you worried that the research agencies bidding for your project are fitting it into their product rather than truly understanding what you need? We are independent and have no `package' to sell.
- Do questionnaires never quite seem to reflect accurately what you are really after? Questionnaire design is the hardest part of any survey, and often does not receive the careful thought it merits. We can help you to avoid becoming imprisoned in a `standard' questionnaire.
- You have masses of data. How do you turn all this data into useful information? Often, looking at the data in a different way can be very illuminating. It should be planned carefully, with clear objectives, not uncontrolled `data mining'. A large multivariate analysis toolkit is available: we use it sparingly, the right tool for the job in hand.
- Do research reports and presentations often seem boring, confusing and off the point? Not when we do them! We concentrate on what is relevant.
- Do you need to test out your marketing actions (advertising, media selection, promotions or pricing) before committing your marketing budget - and ensure that they are working? We are experienced in organising pre-tests, working with qualified fieldwork agencies.
- Are you unsure how best to evaluate your advertising and marketing spend? We have a long-standing interest in advertising effectiveness measurement. Look under `clients & projects' and `credentials'.
- Do you need help coordinating a multi-country research project involving different cultures? We work with experienced fieldwork agencies in most parts of the world.
Our experience covers most types of businesses, including business-to-business, general consumer markets and social research.
We particularly specialise in:
- Communications- design, testing effectiveness and assessing results.
- Advertising- development and strategy setting, pre-testing (qualitative and quantitative), tracking and evaluation. Adstock modelling of advertising schedules against tracking data.
- Media- making better use of media data, assessing the effectiveness and appeal of specific media, both editorially and as advertising vehicles.
For these and many other similar problems, we may have answers. Give us a call or an email, discuss it (free), and we'll see what we can do.
Go to next page: Advantages of McDonald Research
Enquiries To; Colin McDonald (+44) 01276 691659